A Partnership of Baptist churches is looking to appoint a Persian Missioner Enabler part-time over the next two years to:
• Raise up Persian leaders,
• Form new missional communities,
• Keep Persian issues at the front of our thinking.
Job Title: Part time Farsi Missional Enabler
Hours: 16 hours p/w
Pay: £21,000 P/A, £8,960 (pro-rata)
Duration: 23 months
Location: Yorkshire Baptist region, based in a local Baptist church such as: New North Road Huddersfield, Wakefield or Cemetery Road Sheffield.
The successful applicant will report to the YBA Mission Enabler for line management, with mentoring through a Big Life practitioner and group. The employer for this role will be Wakefield Baptist Church.
The role is supported by a Home Mission grant provided by the Yorkshire Baptist Association, alongside funding and practical resources provided by the partnership churches.
The appointee is to work initially across three churches (New North Road, Wakefield, Cemetery Road) with Farsi speaking congregations, to develop links, build relationships, develop future leaders and encourage missional practice through Disciple Making Movement principles. The appointee will also represent Persian interests at a regional level.
YBA Line management meetings with YBA Mission Enabler. Monthly meetings at York Place (as appropriate). Termly core meetings (as appropriate)
Churches. Mentored with a Big Life Associate weekly or bi-weekly
Occasional church meetings to enable good links. 3/3rds groups as needed
Initial 23-month period with review at 6 months. Duties are likely to include (this list is not exhaustive):
• Attending and contributing to YBA team meetings and events as per other specialist team members.
• Providing insight and perspective into Persian culture and looking at creative ways to bridge any gaps and help integration and understanding.
• Building relationships within worshiping Farsi speaking communities and spotting potential leaders in those contexts.
• Discipling Persian missional leaders in a missional context and enabling opportunities and connections in the wider association.
• Creating and multiplying discipleship groups
• Being mentored and accountable in a Big Life context of learning and practice
• Developing a map of the current context of Persian fellowships and their needs across the association
• All duties to be undertaken flexibly in consultation with the line manager
The successful candidate will be:
• Missional in outlook and excited to learn,
• An outgoing people person who enjoys connecting with others,
• An excellent communicator both one to one and in front of group gatherings,
• Flexible in their working hours,
• Able to self-start and use their initiative within a supportive, accountable team environment,
• In membership of a Christian faith community,
• Good working knowledge of Excellence in Safeguarding, be open to a full DBS check and have or be open to be trained in safeguarding to Level three within 3 months of appointment,
• Have both excellent English and Farsi language skills,
• Resilient to setbacks when working towards agreed outcomes,
• Not find working to positive outcomes stressful.
The successful candidate will have:
• Some knowledge of Baptist life at a regional and national level,
• Good working knowledge of social media outlets,
• Good working knowledge of software packages such as Word, Excel, Power-point.
All candidates for interview will have expenses reimbursed if required.
Information about the organisations involved in this post can be found in the following places:
Yorkshire Baptist Association: https://www.yba.org.uk
Wakefield Baptist Church: https://wakefieldbaptistchurch.co.uk
New North Rd Baptist Church: https://www.newnorthroad.org.uk
Cemetery Rd Baptist Church: http://www.crbchurch.org.uk
Big Life: https://big.life
For further information on DDM see: https://www.dmmsfrontiermissions.com/disciple-making-movement-what-defined/
If you would welcome an informal chat about this post and to meet some of the contexts prior to application, please contact:
Kezia Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07564 768551
Application forms are available upon request from David Taylor at email@example.com or from Kezia Robinson as above.
Completed application forms must be returned by email to David Taylor.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday, 30th July 2021.