As well as a shelter for the night, we provide a hot evening meal, breakfast and other services – see below for more detail.
The Night Shelter opens at 8pm:
- guests are served with a hot meal as soon as they’re all signed in
- a mattress, sleeping bag and pillow are provided.
- tea, coffee, biscuits and other refreshments are available throughout the night.
- there’s a TV area with comfortable sofas.
- clothes are available for people to take away for free (depending on donations).
- there are shower facilities with toiletries and towels provided (subject to demand).
- a washing machine and dryer is available (subject to demand)
- supervised smoking breaks for smokers.
- a quiet, warm, comfortable area for sleeping
- separate spaces for men/women.
- supervision and companionship provided by trained volunteers.
- safe storage of personal belongings in the Office.
- access to emergency services via the volunteer staff, if required.
- breakfast is provided in the morning from 7am.
The shelter closes at 8am and everyone has to leave by then.
If you have any other queries please contact Kathy Smith, the temporary Night Shelter Coordinator or call the Night Shelter mobile: 07368 322655.